Bambitious (2014) follows the story of a young beautiful mamacita with
big big dreams. Bambi is a hot tempered, sharp- tongued girl with a no nonsense
approach to life and limited tolerance for slackers. She knows what she wants
in life and goes for her dreams in this romantic comedy directed by Okechuwu
Oke. Is Bambi overly ambitious? I guess you will have to watch to find out.
Belinda Effah plays Bambi and she is awesome in that role. She is flawless
in her transition from a crazy, out of control girl to a subdued civilsed lady.
Belinda is one of those actors whose presentation is refreshing. Perfect enunciation
and all the works. I love, love me some Belinda Effah. Bucci Franklin plays
Bambi’s ghetto lover, Frank. Apart from AY’S s crib, (which is a comedy show produced
by Ayo Makun of 30 Days in Atlanta) I haven’t seen him in any feature movie
before this and I must say he is not a bad actor, at all. In the scene where
Bambi breaks up with him, you could feel the raw emotion coursing through him
as he is saddened by Bambi’s decision. Ebele Okaro plays the mother of
Bambi's love interest. Ebele is one of my favorite actors among her peers in Nollywood.
She always interprets her roles perfectly. Apart from a little over acting, she
was near perfect in this movie.
WHAT I LIKED: The costuming was ok. Scoring was great. Conversation between
actors wasn’t forced. The casting was good except for the casting of Funmi
Coker played by Hekka Edet. I feel Hekka was too old for the role and until I see
her in another movie, I don’t think she is a very good actress.
WHAT I DID NOT LIKE: I think the post production team could have done better with some scenes. I recall a particular scene where I could I see the reflections of
the filming crew on a car.The movie was not predictable at all. There was a
little twist to the end which was a surprise and made the movie worth every
second.
NGW RATING: DEM TRY (4 STARS)

No comments:
Post a Comment