Thy Will Be Done (2015) is a romantic thriller written by Tobe Osigwe, directed by Obi Emelonye (The Mirror Boy) and produced by Mary Remy Njoku. The movie tells the story of a pastor whose dead wife suddenly comes back to life and spins his world in the opposite direction. The plot surrounds? the decision a pastor has to make when he finds himself married to two wives.
Ramsey Noah plays Pius,
a married pastor whose first wife returns from the dead. I think Ramsey is a
pretty decent actor. I am not as particularly keen on watching his movies as I used
to be when I was a teenager. Mercy
Johnson plays Lucy the wife Pius, who is also a lawyer. We know Mercy is a
great actor. I still think she is better suited to a particular class of
character(s)? I honestly prefer seeing her in less serious roles. Mary Remy Njoku plays the arisen wife
Munachi/Itunu. Mary is a good actor if you ask me, but I think she could do
more to hone her acting skills. In all her movie roles she always has the same
facial expression which I think is not very cool.
WHAT I LIKED: I liked the cast of the movie. I also liked that the movie had just one part.
WHAT I DID NOT LIKE: So I did not think this movie was so awesome. I think the costume department should have done more with Mercy's wardrobe. They kept putting her in ill-fitting, non-flattering clothes, which I think for a high profile actor as herself should not be.
As for the story, it did not quite catch my fancy. The story did not add up as there were some loopholes, some untold stories. I watch Nigerian movies a lot because the stories are somewhat relatable to us as Africans. But in some way, this story fell short of being relatable. I found myself questioning some scenes. I was like how did this happen? How did they know to do this? How is it possible that this will happen? The story felt incomplete. The end was just soooo predictable, it was laughable. The movie left much to be desired.
WHAT I DID NOT LIKE: So I did not think this movie was so awesome. I think the costume department should have done more with Mercy's wardrobe. They kept putting her in ill-fitting, non-flattering clothes, which I think for a high profile actor as herself should not be.
As for the story, it did not quite catch my fancy. The story did not add up as there were some loopholes, some untold stories. I watch Nigerian movies a lot because the stories are somewhat relatable to us as Africans. But in some way, this story fell short of being relatable. I found myself questioning some scenes. I was like how did this happen? How did they know to do this? How is it possible that this will happen? The story felt incomplete. The end was just soooo predictable, it was laughable. The movie left much to be desired.
SHOULD YOU SEE IT? I guess if you are a die-hard fan of Ramsey Noah or Mercy Johnson,
then by all means have at it.
NWG RATING: KPAS!!! ( 2 STARS)
NWG RATING: KPAS!!! ( 2 STARS)

No comments:
Post a Comment